VP Business Development
We’re on a mission to improve battery technology, driving forward new applications and accelerating electrification of existing industries. Our technology significantly improves energy density, battery life-cycle, charge times and peak power, providing potential break-throughs in existing markets and creating new ones. As we turn opportunities into business and research into applicable technology, we are looking for a senior business development executive to join the team and help lead our penetration in new markets, creating the business cases, ecosystem affiliations and commercial relationships that will drive our business forward.
What you'll be doing:
● Identify, study, and analyze market segments in need of our technology, assess technology and business trade-offs and create the business case for our bets on specific applications.
● Identify and prioritize partnerships, and develop the relationships and go-to-market (GTM) strategies to turn these into major new channels of growth for Addionics.
● Develop partnerships and customer accounts and build relationships with key stakeholders at customers and partners: develop pricing and other proposal details to win new clients. Solicit and respond to RFPs from large prospects.
● Partner with technology teams to identify growth opportunities.
● Partner with marketing to create the marketing framework to position the company and generate leads that you can convert into business relationships.
● Build consensus and work cross functionally with key internal and external stakeholders
● Support fundraising activities & board meetings on an as-needed basis, e.g., with presentations and/or key presentation materials, statistics, and materials.
● A multidisciplinary mind, able to understand both technological tradeoffs and business tradeoffs and create clear narratives around both.
● You are outbound focused, comfortable presenting at the C-suite level and leading sales calls and meetings.
● You are willing to do whatever needs to be done to close a sale or partnership. Calls, conferences, hopping on a plane: you’ll make it happen to understand the customer, build strong relationships, and close deals. ● Revenue focused & metrics driven: building partnerships is exciting for you, first and foremost, if and only if it drives material revenue to the business.
● Analytical & detail oriented, and able to appropriately communicate that detail to customers and other senior stakeholders.
● You may have an MBA.
● You can build the potentially complex pricing and revenue models needed to support large customers and align incentives with partners. You are comfortable building and communicating messaging which simplifies and sells those proposals.
● You are comfortable leading the business analysis and negotiation of complex customer contracts and pricing agreements.
● You can successfully lead large proposals, and generate the documentation (RFP responses, supporting materials) needed to win that business.
● A demonstrated track record of success in business development, preferably in a startup environment, and preferably in a field that involves hardware / materials / energy requiring production operations and complex supply chains.
● 10+ years of experience in relevant fields: business development, sales or product at a high-growth tech company, and/or in management consulting.
● Experience with M&A or fund-raising.
● Experience in the energy and / or mobility industry.
● Proven track record of managing and building high-performing teams. A talent magnet who attracts and inspires people